Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm a slacker

I WILL BLOG SKERN LODGE when i can find wireless internet.
I've been such a slacker, many apologies. I always feel like blogging when I shouldn't (at work), then when I'm able to blog I only want to collapse in front of the TV.

We're on the last couple of weeks before summer now. On the weekend, Rose and I spent a whole day in London, just because we felt like it. We headed in early, and had brunch in Leicester Square before heading to Pineapple Dance to do a couple of classes.

A couple of weeks ago I had done the intermediate contemporary class, and managed fine, so I thought that we would be ok with an intermediate jazz. SO MISTAKEN. There were so many turns in there (I suck at turns. Leaps and flexible stuff I'm fine, tell me to do a double pirouette and I will die), and we got so stressed we both mucked up a really simple pas de bouree-pirouette-layout combination. It was one of those dances which I could have gotten down pat with an extra hour, but dear god I was struggling! We walked out of that class, grateful that we weren't the worst, but feeling like crap anyway. This kid, who would have been 9 at the most, was amazing and was at the front of the class the entire time, breaking it down and casually doing triple pirouettes left right and centre. Bitch.


BUT, our next class was musical theatre, which was so much fun. Good warmup, great dance. Not too hard, but not ridiculously easy. We danced to 'The Dark I Know Well' from Spring Awakenings, so it was an unexpectedly deep musical theatre class! No tits and teeth, more slapping the ground, heads in hands, backbendy stuff. :) Yay deep!



After a very refreshing shower we had lunch at a little cafe in Soho, and killed some time at the National Portrait Gallery, until we started to walk down Charing Cross Road, to hit Oxford St and eventually the Palladium Theatre, which was where we were going to see 'The Wizard of Oz'. W ehad wanted to see a ballet, but all the cheap tickets were sold out :( It was fantastic, we got relatively cheap seats, and did a sneaky seat change when the people in front of us failed to turn up, so we got better seats than expected! Was really good, the Wicked Witch of the West still scares me after all these years. The lead (Susan Hope) also looked like a cross between Kelly McInnes-Smith and Emma Hoy, which I found a little weird haha! We arrived home happy, with empty wallets and singing 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road'.



This week? I had gym, like usual, with Kindergarten. They're starting beam, which was very exciting. I'm a nazi when it comes to pointed toes, none of these six year olds could get past me with lazy feet. The kids have been really affectionate this week, there have been hugs left right and centre! P. was so funny this morning, we were doing the quiz and Sue asked 'Which terrorist was recently killed?' and P. shouts BARACK OBAMA! Sue and I were nearly on the floor in hysterics, the girls had no idea why we found it so funny haha. P. comes out with the funniest things. We were playing rounders and she yells 'RUN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RUN!!!' at the others. We had to tell her off while laughing, she is priceless. The IVs are starting to freak out about leaving so soon, and just quietly Janet and I are freaking out too - I love the IVs, the school will be so different without them! The graduation dinner is tomorrow night, which means I have to dress up, put makeup on, wax my legs...ew. Living and working with just girls has turned me into a lazy fat cow! I barely brush my hair anymore haha. There has been heaps of admin to do because the end of term is coming and the teachers are busy with reports, so we're getting all the dud jobs atm. Makes summer that much more exciting I guess!

Have completely booked my tour, Santorini with Kate and flights. WOOOOO. So excited for Santorini, donkey rides over ancient ruins and scootering through old towns - heaven. Just need to do accomodation and some trains. Speaking of booking, booked my flights home today! I leave here on the 14th of december at 9pm, and arrive in Melbourne on the 16th at 9am. Put that in your diaries, I expect balloons, banners and a marching band. Not really. Just your beautiful faces.

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou darling,I was having withdrawals. It's my typical birthday weather. Wet, windy and bloody freezing. Nanny was 98 yesterday, I feel so young! Good to read your blog again. Speak soon, me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read what is happening again!! glad to hear all is fun and stillsounds amazing!!! Do you just want your family at the airport or can anyone come?? - just wondering ??? Hoep you enjoy your summer break - no that you haven't been having fun all year anyway :) Glad to hear all is good - keep writing - all our love Caitlin Brendan & Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santorini-you behave God Daughter of mine and watch out for those Greek Boys/men. Bec turns 40 on Saturday-oh we are getting old!!!
    Have a great trip to Greek Isles and have an Ouzo for me
    Love Uncle David

    ReplyDelete